Personally speaking...

Saturday, August 7, 2010 | |

So now is time for a little about myself.

Quite a few of you reading this blog probably know me personally. But if you don't (or maybe even perhaps if you DO), then you wouldn't necessarily know that I have been training for my first 5k all summer long. I'd like to say that I diligently trained for it, but, well, that would be a lie.

My first official 5k was supposed to be the Race Away from Domestic Violence 5k in Indy on Aug. 14. However, I had found out about the Circle the City for the Symphony 5k a few weeks ago from a friend of mine who is an intern with the Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra.

Music is very near and dear to me. I'm in a music fraternity, wanted to be a music educator for most of my high school career, and am/was (long story there) a music minor. I decided that I just couldn't pass up this opportunity to help out a great organization.

My fiancé and I had wanted to run a 5k together for quite some time, but things kept getting in the way. So I approached him with this one, and within just a few minutes, we were registering and booking a hotel for a mini-vacay and our first 5k.

I have decided that, since this is a huge step for me personally, I'm going to create an actual picture album instead of just having the photos reside on my computer. It will be an 8x8 album that will contain pictures from both the Circle the City 5k and the Race Away from Domestic Violence 5k happening next weekend. Here are the first few layouts! I'm very excited about this project. Check back in about a week for the final layouts!

__Jessica


Circle the City for the Symphony: Album Title Page

Circle the City for the Symphony: Page 1

Circle the City for the Symphony: Page2

Circle the City for the Symphony: Page 3

Circle the City for the Symphony: Page 4

Circle the City for the Symphony:Page 5

Circle the City for the Symphony: Page 6

0 comments: